One of the Irosin's Town Pride
San Benon, Monbon, Irosin, Sorsogon
by lakwatserong tatay
Located around the foot of Mount Bulusan, in the adjacent towns of Irosin and Bulusan, are the hot and cot spring resorts. One of this is on San Benon, where we had stayed overnight, other is in Mapaso, and the mineral (soda) water spa's of Masacrot and Palogtok to soothe tired bodies and rickety bones.
So after hours and few minutes of photo opps at Irosin's Hilltop Church, we proceed to Brgy. Monbon, Irosin, Sorsogon, were Mateo Hot & Cold Spring Resort. Before you will arrive on this resort you will also passed another spring resort. I forgot the name of it. But based to my xplorer body, it is not as hot as Mateo offers. And the ambience of nature is not as like as Mateo. So after some discussion we proceed, it is almost the last part of this Brgy. The road is not establish as others, neither asphalted upon reaching this resort it is really a bit bumpy ride and passed by also PHIVOLCS Bulusan Volcano Observatory. Mateo Hot & Cold Spring Resort has dormitory-type accomodations, including poolside picnic cottages, shower and dressing rooms, features swimming pools with hot to tepid water, and cold spring water. Soaking in the hot water pool is soothing and relaxing, and is believed medicinal. The hot spring water flows from the Bulusan Volcano since the resort is located at its foot.
It was really dark when we arrived, they were few guest also staying overnight. As you can see below......photo opps is the first thing we did....hehehe...
|photo opps first...hehehe...|
|dinner is served.....yahooo.....|
|xplorer's in swimming mode again....hehehe...|
|xplorerboyz in photo session mode...|
I. Swimming entrance fee:
Day Swim P25/head
Night Swim P30/head
Shade Rentals (umbrella type):
Big Shade P150
Small Shade P80
II. Lodging- Room Rates:
A. Rooms w/ CR outside:
Overnight Stay (12hrs.) P150 / head
Whole Day (24hrs.) P250/ head
B. Rooms w/ CR inside:
Overnight Stay (12hrs.) P250/ head
Whole Day (24hrs.) P300/ head
C. Aircon Rooms:
Rooms nos. 301 & 304 (24hrs) P1500/room
**additional of P250/ head (excess of 2 persons)**
D. Big Aircon Rooms (24hrs.) P3000 (8 person max)
|Hot pool signage for adult pool|
|The nature view of this resort|
|view from the upper part of the pools|
|the lodging rooms|
|this is a one big painting....hehehe...|
|Our 4 beds|
|our comfort room|
1. Upon check-in, be sure to identify your stay whether it is whole day, overnight or shortime by signing the logbook sheet at the information office.
2. Direct all payments at the information office and secure for an official receipts.
3. All items that are found inside the room are your accountability during your stay. Any damages or losses of properties or items found inside the room will be your liability to the mngt.
4. Strictly no vandalism, drinking of liquours, smoking, and cooking inside the room.
5. As to your valuables, (cash, appliances, gadgets or any pertinent documents) please deposit them to the information office in case you want to go out for whatever purposes.
6. Failure to comply with no. of five stipulation, we shall not be responsible for any losses.
7. Only those registered customers are allowed to enter the lodging house.
8. In case of ordering meals, do not hesitate to inform our caretaker.
9. Silence should be observed properly.
10. Before checking-out, please turnoff the lights, fan or air con and faucets. Caretaker will do the final inspection before collecting the room key.
|Mateo Resort's Fees|
|Xplorerboyz with our Trike Mobile|
|Yours truly at Phivolcs Mt. Bulusan Observatory|